This is our ultimate guide to buying a Turkish SIM card for tourists in Antalya.
If you're planning a trip to Antalya, staying connected is important, and buying a prepaid SIM card for your visit is the best way to do it.
In this guide, we'll tell you everything you need to know about Turkish SIM cards for tourists in Antalya – from which operator offers the best network and SIM card deals in Turkey, to other advantageous options, such as
So let's get started!
Do I really need a Turkish SIM card for Antalya?
Anyone planning a trip to the Antalya region usually wonders whether they need a Turkish SIM card for their vacation. After all, most hotels in Antalya offer free Wi-Fi, so why not just go with that?
There are a few reasons why a Turkish SIM card can be useful, even if you're just staying in Antalya for a few days. For one thing, it's much cheaper to use data on a local SIM card than it is to use roaming data on your home network.
Plus, having a local SIM card means that you'll always have access to the internet, even if there's no Wi-Fi available. You don’t need to rely on the hotel Wi-Fi, which is most of the time slow, and even worse, not secure. If you're planning on doing any exploring in the Antalya region, then having a Turkish SIM card will definitely come in handy.
In other words: yes—if staying connected during your visit to Antalya is important to you, then we recommend getting yourself set up with a Turkish SIM. Not only will it save you money, but it'll also give you peace of mind knowing that you always have (secure) access to the internet.
But how to do it easily, without waiting in line, and at the best price?
Book your Turkish SIM Card online before your trip to Antalya
What are the best ways of purchasing a local SIM card or an internet device online to use in Turkey during your vacation?
For travelers who only need mobile internet and no phone calls or SMS for their Antalya vacation, we have the perfect solution: the e-SIM card for Turkey. It is one of the most economical and practical way of getting internet in Antalya as a foreigner.
See below our two top e-SIM recommendations for Turkey, as well as another alternative, the Pocket Wi-Fi:
1. The TRASST e-SIM Card for Turkey
With its budget-friendly e-SIM, TRASST offers an economical solution for staying connected during your Turkey getaway. Featuring lightning-fast 5G/4G mobile data and instant activation on eSIM-compatible devices, it's the intelligent choice for budget-conscious travelers.
Bid farewell to costly roaming fees and the inconvenience of purchasing local SIM cards. TRASST e-SIM guarantees continuous connectivity, enhancing the enjoyment and convenience of your trip to Turkey.
Below, you'll find the pricing and terms for TRASST's eSIM. The options highlighted in pink are the preferred choices of fellow travelers.
3 Days Unlimited Data in Turkey €16.95 5 Days Unlimited Data in Turkey €17.95 7 Days Unlimited Data in Turkey €19.95 14 Days Unlimited Data in Turkey €26.95
- 30 Days Unlimited Data in Turkey €44.95
90 Days Unlimited Data in Turkey €89.95
Clicking the button below will provide you with more details and the most current prices for the various offers:
2. The Holafly Prepaid e-SIM Card for Antalya
If all you need is mobile internet for your trip to Turkey, look no further than Holafly's e-SIM card. This easy-to-use prepaid e-SIM card offers unlimited data at maximum speeds (4GLTE).
This way, you can enjoy unlimited internet access without worrying about roaming costs.
Check out the prices and conditions below:
How does Holafly work?
- Choose the data plan you want and purchase the Holafly prepaid e-SIM card here. You will immediately receive a QR code containing the e-SIM Card by email.
- Scan the QR code one day before your departure.
- Turn off your local provider’s cellular data.
- Set your phone's options so that your mobile phone uses Holafly's internet.
- Activate your QR code after you arrive in Turkey and use your Holafly SIM card during your stay.
Compatibly: Before purchasing the Holafly SIM card, make sure that your mobile phone is compatible with the Holafly service. It is available for the following cell phones: iPhone SE, XS et XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro et 11 Pro Max, 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 12 Mini, 13,13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, 13 Mini / Google Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a, / Samsung S22, S20, Galaxy Z Flip, Note 20 Ultra, Fold LTE, / Motorola Razr 2019
The easy eSIM for Turkey by Holafly (recommended) :
Below you will find an overview of the prices and conditions for Holafly's attractive eSIM cards. The options highlighted in red are the most popular ones chosen by travelers.
- 5 Days Unlimited Data in Turkey (approx.19€)
- 7 Days Unlimited Data in Turkey (approx. 27€)
- 10 Days Unlimited Data in Turkey (approx. 34€)
- 15 Days Unlimited Data in Turkey (approx. 47€)
- 20 Days Unlimited Data in Turkey (approx. 57€)
- 30 Days Unlimited Data in Turkey (approx. 69€)
- 60 Days Unlimited Data in Turkey (approx. 87€)
- 90 Days Unlimited Data in Turkey (approx. 99€)
For more information and current prices on the various offers, visit these websites:
To get more information and 5% discount, click on this link:
3. Rent a Pocket Wifi in Antalya
Another great option is to rent a pocket Wi-Fi device for the time you are in Antalya province and access the internet through it anytime. The process of renting this device is very easy and convenient. With Turkcell support, you'll be able to access the internet at high speeds and without any restrictions, whether you're using a phone, tablet or notebook.
Here’s how it works:
- Book your device in advance through this link
- Get your device delivered to you at your hotel or directly at the airport anytime you want
- Use the device(s) according to the guideline provided during your trip
- The company will pick up the device when and where you want before you leave Turkey
That's it! Now you can enjoy worry-free internet access throughout your travels in Turkey. For more information, click on the button below.
Mobile Network Providers in Turkey
- There are three mobile network providers in Turkey: Turkcell, Vodafone Turkey and Turk Telekom.
- Turkcell is the biggest operator and the leading mobile network provider in Turkey. It offers great coverage and throughout the country, particularly in smaller cities or remote areas.
- All three providers have a variety of prepaid SIM Card packages to choose from, some of them even promote special SIM cards for tourists.
- Keep in mind that Turkish SIM cards are valid for a maximum of 120 days.
- The country code for Turkey is +90
Where to buy your Turkish SIM Card in Antalya?
1. At Antalya Airport
In the arrival terminal of Antalya Airport, there are stores selling prepaid SIM cards. Since the staff speaks English, you can easily communicate and thus find an offer that best suits your needs. Nevertheless, prices for Turkish SIM cards here are relatively high, so we do not recommend buying your prepaid SIM card at the airport.
2. In the City
In the center of Antalya, Alanya and the popular seaside resorts of the region, there are numerous retail stores where you can buy a Turkish SIM card. First and foremost are the official branches of the mobile phone providers: Turkcell, Vodafone and Turk Telekom. In addition, there are also electronics stores, phone stores and kiosks that sell prepaid SIM cards for these GSM operators.
Be aware that each store may have different prices for their SIM cards. This is because the Turkish GSM operator's branches and resellers set their own individual prices. Therefore, it's worth checking out a few stores before settling on one to make sure you're getting the best deal possible.
Cost for Turkish SIM Cards for Tourists in Antalya
Turkcell promotes a special package for travelers, the so-called "Tourist Welcome Pack".
This offer is valid for customers who purchase a prepaid SIM card from Turkcell with a foreign passport.
- What is included: A SIM card with 20GB data + 200 minutes of local calls + unlimited messaging via Whatsapp &BiP. As a bonus, you get special discounts at restaurants, hotels, car rental, and more.
- Validity: 30 days; After 3 months, the SIM card will be deactivated.
- Visit the official Turkcell website for more information and the current prices.
- These prices can go up to 590 TL at the stores at the airport.
2. Vodafone Turkey
The mobile provider Vodafone Turkey offers a special tourist package for prepaid SIM card. It is called "Welcome to Turkey Pack".
- What is included: The offer includes 20 GB data + unlimited WhatsApp + 750 minutes of local calls + 1000 SMS
- Validity: 28 days. You can use your Prepaid Tourist SIM Card for a total of 90 days. After that, it will be deactivated.
- For further details and the current prices, please cross-check with the official Vodafone website.
- These prices can go up to 790 TL at the airport.
3. Turk Telekom
Türk Telekom's special SIM card package for tourists is called "Hos geldin" (Welcome).
- What is included: The Hosgeldin 50GB package includes 50 GB + 1500 minutes of local calls + 1000 SMS
- Validity: 28 days
- Check the official Turk Telekom website for more information. (only in Turkish)
- Prices for this SIM card can go up to 900 TL at the airport.
With all tariffs, it is possible to recharge it when it is used up.
Considering all the factors, especially the feedback from our readers, we clearly recommend Holafly's eSIM card.
Not only does it offer travelers the easiest way to buy a prepaid SIM card for Turkey, but also the fastest. The Holafly e-SIM card features an excellent price-performance ratio, is installed after a few steps and - as a bonus - you can keep your own phone number. Instead of phone calls, you only need to use WhatsApp or similar apps.
Moreover, what makes the eSIM card so popular is the fact that you don't have to worry about overpriced offers or even scams.
Turkey SIM Card FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Due to the fact that Turkcell has the best mobile network coverage in Turkey and a package offer that is tailored exactly to the needs of tourists, we consider Turkcell's "Tourist Welcome Pack" to be the best SIM card to use as a tourist in Turkey.
What we really like is the fact that the SIM card is already part of the package. This makes it much easier for tourists, because the fees for prepaid SIM cards in Turkey vary from store to store, so tourists often pay much more than locals. Another plus point is the unlimited WhatsApp and the special services offered.
Yes, there are stores selling Turkish SIM cards in the arrival terminal of Antalya Airport. However, the prices for Turkish SIM cards here are comparatively very high. For this reason, we recommend not to buy SIM cards at Antalya airport, but in the city, or in advance in the form of Holafly's eSIM card.
The prices for a Turkish SIM card vary from store to store and depending on the mobile network operator, as the branches of the Turkish GSM operators as well as the resellers can set their own prices for the SIM card.
You should expect the price to be around 100-200 TL. Remember that you often have to pay an activation fee and purchase an additional data package for one month.
You can buy your prepaid SIM card for Turkey either in the city or at the arrival floor at Antalya Airport.
There are stores practically everywhere in the Antalya region that sell prepaid SIM cards. Along with the official branches of Vodafone Turkey, Turkcell, and Turk Telekom, there are also electronic shops, phone stores, and kiosks that offer Turkish SIM cards of these GSM operators.
Please note that prices vary from store to store, as the branches of the Turkish mobile network providers as well as resellers may set their own prices for the SIM card.