Antalya Airport is the third largest airport in Turkey. In terms of passenger traffic, Antalya Airport comes in second place after Istanbul, with approximately 35 million passengers every year.
The airport is located approximately 10 kilometers east of Antalya's city center and is owned by the Turkish state. It has three runways, two of which are used for civil air traffic.
To learn more about flights, how to access the airport, how to get a taxi, where to shop, lounge facilities, and other useful details, keep reading!
Arrivals and Departures at the Antalya Airport
To learn about the status of arrivals and departures to/from the Antalya Airport, the easiest way is still to check latest information on the official website. You will find a list of flights expected to land or depart, the exact time of arrival or departure, flight numbers, and the current status and/or delays.
Flights to and from Antalya
Antalya Airport serves both domestic and international destinations.
Most domestic connections are flown by Turkish Airlines, along with some by Sunexpress. Since the Turkish aviation market was deregulated, other airlines such as Pegasus, AtlasGlobal, and Onur Air also offer domestic connections.
The most frequent route is the connection to Istanbul, followed by Ankara and Adana. Cities in other parts of Turkey are also served from the Antalya airport.
Charter flights are the predominant service on international routes. Numerous low cost carriers from all over Europe fly to the Antalya Airport, especially during the summer months. Flights from Great Britain, Germany, Russia, and CIS states have gained presence in recent years.
Terminals at the Antalya Airport
Flights are distributed among the three terminals.
The national terminal is the oldest. In the past, all flight operations took place here. After a complete renovation in 2010, it was given the name Terminal 3 and is now used exclusively for domestic flights.
International Terminal 1 mainly handles Sun Express flights. In the winter, when International Terminal 2 is closed, all international air traffic is directed here.
International Terminal 2 handles almost all international flights. It is closed in the winter and flights are directed to International Terminal 1.
Flight Connections at the Antalya Airport
In addition to domestic connections to various cities in Turkey, primarily to Istanbul, Antalya Airport serves international flights within Europe, with charter traffic being the most substantial.
There are also occasional charter flights to Egypt and Israel, mostly on behalf of tour operators.
Airport Transfers To and From the Antalya Airport
What are the best ways to access the Antalya Airport? Below are 7 of the best ways to reach the Antalya Airport.
- By Car: Antalya Airport is located east of Antalya and is easily accessible via the D400 highway.
- By AntRay: Since the extension of the new tramway line, called AntRay, the Antalya Airport can be reached by tramway. The ultra-modern trolleys usually run from 6:00am until midnight and operate every 10-20 minutes. The stop is directly opposite International Terminal 1 as well as the National Terminal. Terminal 2 is not served by the Tram.
- By Local Bus: Municipal bus line 600 runs regularly between the airport and downtown Antalya. Buses depart from International Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 at 30-minute intervals. The travel time to Antalya is approximately one hour. We don't recommend this way because of its duration and lack of comfort.
- By Havaş Shuttle Bus: Havaş Ground Handling company provides private shuttle service from the airport to Antalya city center. In the center of Antalya, the shuttle mainly serves tourist destinations in Konyaaltı. The bus departure times are coordinated with the arrival times of domestic flights. The bus stop is located near the taxi stop.
- By Taxi: Taxi stops can be found in front of all three terminals at the airport. Currently, the base charge for taxi is 5.50 Turkish Lira and the price per kilometer is 4.00 Turkish Lira. There is no night rate, so the same rate applies 24 hours a day. Be sure to have the driver turn on the taxi meter. More information about taxis in Antalya can be found in this guide. To give you an idea, a ride from the airport to the center of Antalya costs about 80 Turkish Lira, depending on the traffic. The prices for trips to more distant areas outside the city of Antalya, which are served by the Antalya Airport, such as Belek, Alanya, Manavgat, Side, and others, are usually set in foreign currency. The drivers have a list from which you can see the prices for a trip to the corresponding area in euros or dollars.
- By Private Transfer: Several companies offer limousine airport transfers, where the chauffeur picks you up at the gate. For more details, please refer to the link to our page on private transfers below. We recommend this way because it is the most convenient, easiest, and a rather economical way of getting to the airport without delay.
- By Renting a Van at the Airport: If you traveling with several people and you have more than 2 pieces of luggage with you, why not rent a comfortable van? We will be happy to help you rent a van, whether it's for group travel, company outings, class trips, events, or airport transfers. Please contact our team for more details.
Car Rentals at the Antalya Airport
Many major car rental companies have a branch at the Antalya Airport, including Hertz, Avis, and Europcar. In addition, local car rental companies can also be found. The individual providers' counters are located directly behind baggage claim. The vehicles are parked in a large open-air parking lot.
- Tip for Rentals in Antalya: You can also rent a car online in advance, so your car is directly available upon arrival. For reliable cars to rent from a trustworthy company, please contact us. We provide cars to foreigners for long term periods and can offer you great deals.
Airport Lounges in the Antalya Airport
There are three different lounges in the Antalya Airport, all of which offer hot and cold drinks and snacks. For all lounges, economy passengers can purchase access authorization directly at the entrance of the lounge for an additional charge. The price is around 45 euros.
- VIP Lounge Terminal 1
This lounge is located in Terminal 1 after the security check near the duty-free area. It is open 24 hours a day, but closed during the winter season from November to April.
- VIP Lounge Terminal 2
This lounge is located in Terminal 2 after the security check on the 3rd floor. The lounge is open 24 hours a day, all year round.
- VIP Lounge Domestic
This lounge is located in Domestic Terminal 3 after the security check near Gate 7 on the 2nd floor. It is open 24 hours a day, all year round.
Shopping, Stores, and Duty-Free in the Antalya Airport
Stores in the Antalya Airport are generally open everyday, from 06:00 to 23:00. There are about 60 stores, including perfumeries, jewelry stores, magazine stores, bookstores, boutiques, a toy and souvenir store, and even a small Turkish market.
After passport control, the classic duty-free stores await you. In about 50 stores they offer their goods, from perfume to luxury and branded goods, as well as alcoholic beverages and gift items.
If you have a little more time, you can visit the Deepo Outlet shopping center, located directly opposite the airport, where flight information boards provide information on the current status of flights, or the Mall of Antalya, which is also in the immediate vicinity of the airport.
Restaurants in the airport offer classic European dishes, as well as traditional Turkish dishes in some places. Large fast food chains can also be found in the airport. Most are open between 07:00 and 21:30.
Parking at the Antalya Airport
If you plan to drive to the Antalya Airport, it's good to know about the parking options.
- Parking Spaces
A total of 2,000 paid parking spaces are available for arriving and departing passengers directly near the terminals. The terminals are within a 5-minute walk from the parking lots.
Short-term parking spaces are located directly in front of Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 and are free for 15 minutes. In addition, there is a terminal driveway with an entry/exit zone.
- Booking a Parking Space Online
A parking space can be booked online in advance through various providers. The vehicles are then usually not parked directly at the airport, but in the parking lots of the providers, who also organize the transfer to the airport. To book your parking space online, please visit this website. www.parkvia.com/en-GB.
Airport Hotels in Antalya
The Antalya Airport does not have a hotel located directly in the airport. However, there are numerous accommodation options in the vicinity, ranging from large hotel complexes to budget providers, such as bed & breakfasts and various small, sometimes family-run hotels and guesthouses nearby.
The hotel we recommend you is located in close proximity to the Antalya airport and is a good choice for all guests arriving late or departing early.
- IC Hotels Airport
IC Hotel Airport's modern facility is located only 800 meters from the airport. The hotel offers a free shuttle service for its guests. In the 4-star complex, in addition to large outdoor and indoor pools, you can also enjoy a squash court, sauna, hamam, and fitness center at no extra charge. Business travelers will appreciate the meeting rooms for conferences and organizations. The hotel's restaurant serves Turkish and international cuisine. During nice weather it is possible to dine in the summer garden.
Internet at the Antalya Airport
All areas of Terminal 1, 2 and 3 have free Wi-Fi hotspots.
Address and General Information
- Address: Antalya Havalimanı, Muratpaşa – Antalya
- Phone Number: + 90 242 444 74 23
- IATA Code: AYT
- Website: www.antalya-airport.aero/homepage
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
We recommend passengers to be present at the airport 120 minutes (2 hours) prior to their flight.
Antalya Airport does not have a hotel located directly in the airport. However, there are numerous accommodation options in the vicinity, ranging from large hotel complexes to budget providers such as bed & breakfasts or various small, sometimes family-run hotels and guesthouses in the vicinity.
We recommend you the IC Hotels Airport, which is located in close proximity to the Antalya airport and is a good choice for all guests arriving late or departing early.
A ride from the airport to the center of Antalya costs about 80 Turkish Lira, depending on the traffic.
There are 3 terminals, one for domestic flights and two for international flights.