Cellulite is a common skin concern that affects many people, especially women.
If you're one of the many people looking for a solution to reduce the appearance of cellulite, the Antalya province may be a great destination to combine your holiday with a treatment. With a wide range of cellulite treatments available, Antalya is quickly becoming a popular destination for those seeking to improve their skin.
In this article, we'll cover everything you need to know about cellulite treatment in Antalya, including what to expect, cause of cellulite, and things to consider.
What exactly is Cellulite?
Cellulite refers to a dimpled, orange-peel-like appearance on the skin caused by a buildup of fat in the subcutaneous tissue. This is particularly noticeable on the legs and hips and is more common in women due to their skin structure which is more flexible, fatty, and prone to collecting fat.
This is because the connective tissue bands that surround fat cells in women run vertically and are loose, while in men they are diagonal and more frequent and tight.
What causes Cellulite?
There are several factors that contribute to cellulite formation, including a sedentary lifestyle, prolonged sitting, and poor diet. Additionally, factors such as genetics, hormonal imbalances, and aging-related skin texture changes can also play a role.
How can inactivity-caused Cellulite be treated?
To combat cellulite caused by a sedentary lifestyle, practical and effective methods include medical treatments with specialized devices, cellulite massage therapies, improving circulation and lymphatic drainage through home care and hydration, and drinking plenty of water.
Why do young people get Cellulite?
Cellulite can occur in young people due to a combination of genetic predisposition, skin structure, skin color, dietary habits, and hormonal conditions. While cellulite is not necessarily age-related, there has been a trend of more cases of cellulite appearing in younger generations in recent years. Adolescence, with its rapid and imbalanced hormonal changes, may also trigger cellulite formation in young people.
What are the Levels of Cellulite Classification?
Before beginning cellulite treatment, it is important to have an expert evaluate the type of cellulite you have and choose a treatment plan accordingly. According to a study published in 2009, cellulite can be classified into three different levels:
- Level 1 - Mild: This level of cellulite is considered mild and typically has a wavy appearance rather than the characteristic orange peel texture.
- Level 2 - Moderate: This level of cellulite is rated from five to nine in terms of depth and has a texture resembling the outer edge of white cheese, which may turn into an orange peel appearance if left untreated.
- Level 3 - Severe: Cellulite with a depth of 10 or more is considered severe and has a droopy and pronounced appearance.
Can medical devices treat Cellulite caused by hormonal imbalances?
Under a doctor's guidance, cellulite treatment can be used in conjunction with hormone therapy or as a follow-up to other treatments. This can help eliminate the orange peel appearance and prevent the formation of new cellulite caused by other factors.
What are the Methods used in Cellulite treatment?
There are three different methods used in cellulite treatment. All three methods show improvement in the skin after a few sessions, and the results can last for up to six months.
- The first method is a combination of tissue massage, radiofrequency technology, and infrared light.
- The second method involves a combination of diode laser energy and tissue massage and is the most popular.
- The third method involves using radiofrequency at both deep and superficial levels simultaneously.
Is Cellulite treatment effective?
Cellulite treatment using medical devices has proven to be successful and has received positive feedback from patients.
How many sessions are needed for Cellulite treatment?
The number of sessions needed can vary based on the level of cellulite, but typically 4 to 6 sessions are sufficient to achieve the desired result.
Can Cellulite be completely removed?
While it may not be possible to eliminate all cellulite, it can be reduced and made less noticeable.
What to consider Post-Cellulite Treatment?
- Boost your hydration by drinking at least 2 liters of water daily
- Incorporate cellulite massage and dry brushing into your routine for added benefits
- Reduce intake of beverages like tea, coffee, and cola, and steer clear of sugar and processed foods
- Include green veggies in your diet, and consider taking vitamin and mineral supplements
- Engage in daily physical activity, such as taking a walk.
get a Free consultation
We would be pleased to talk about your expectations. You can contact us by phone or Whatsapp
Note: Our contracted hospitals, clinics and physicians will get in touch with you regarding the beauty treatment you have requested.