Turkey currently has general measures in place to contain the COVID-19 virus. In addition to these state-wide restrictions, the province of Antalya has also implemented some additional measures.
In this guide, you will find the general Covid-19 rules in Turkey, as well as additional special rules that apply in Antalya.
An important effort by the government is Covid-19 vaccination program. Currently, over 85% of the Turkish population at the age of 18 and above has received 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine.
The Turkish Ministry of Health has categorized the provinces of Turkey in four risk zones: low risk (blue zone), medium risk (yellow zone), high risk (orange zone) and very high risk (red zone) that are shown in a color-coded vaccination map. See the updated map on the official governmental website.
With over 81% of the population currently vaccinated with two doses, Antalya is classified by the Turkish Ministry of Health as a "blue zone," indicating "low risk."
First, we will take a look at the general rules that apply throughout Turkey. After that, let's look specifically at Antalya.
General Rules that Apply Throughout Turkey
Most Covid 19 regulations and measures, such as the lockdown, have been lifted over time, leaving most services available in Turkey without restrictions. The following regulations are currently still in effect:
- Face Mask: It is mandatory to wear a mask in public transportation, airplanes, hospitals, cinemas, theaters and enclosed spaces with insufficient air circulation. It is no longer required to wear masks in open spaces.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing (at least 3 steps to other people) is mandatory in public areas.
- HES Code: The HES Code has been lifted in all institutions and entitles. The HES code, which was automatically generated when filling out the entry form, is no longer required for entry into the country as of March 2022.
Fines will be imposed on those who do not comply with the restrictions imposed to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Additional Rules in the Province of Antalya
- Government buildings, hotels, and tourist attractions in the Antalya province such as
Hadrian's Gate, the historical Antalya Kaleiçi Ancient City, the streets, and Hıdırlık Tower are disinfected periodically against the COVID-19 virus.
- About 400 hotels in the Antalya region have received a “Safe Tourism Certification” from the Turkish Ministry of Tourism and Culture. Check out the list with all the
hotels in Turkey that have a Safe Tourism Certification.
The following precautions and safety measures have been taken in
- Guests are asked to wear a mask when entering restaurants and getting food, sometimes also in closed public spaces.
- Instead of an open self-serve buffets, the kitchen staff serves the desired dishes to guests.
- Public areas are arranged to facilitate social distancing rules.
- Free face masks are available at the reception desks.
- Hotels that have received a “Safe Tourism Certification” use hygiene, cleanliness, and safety measurement standards published by public health authorities and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- Hotel staff follows safety protocols as directed by public health authorities.
- Hand disinfection devices have been placed in key areas.
- Before checking into the hotel, Body temperature measurements are made. In some hotels this is done with a digital thermometer, in others you can see devices with temperature sensors. In order for guests to enjoy their vacation safely and undisturbed, other hotels take body temperature measurements in a more hidden way by using devices such as thermal cameras.
- The facility and accommodations are continually disinfected; plates, glasses, cutlery etc. are constantly sanitized.
It's easy to see from this information that Turkish Government is responding to the pandemic situation with all possible care. Specific measures are put in place, so that visitors who will travel to Turkey and Antalya during the spring and summer of 2022 have the most wonderful trip without worries.
Don't hesitate to ask us questions in the comments section below. Our team will make every effort to give you answers and facilitate your trip to Antalya.
You may also be interested in these articles: