Turkey currently has general measures in place to contain the COVID-19 virus. In addition to these state-wide restrictions, the province of Antalya has also implemented some additional measures.
In this guide, you will find the general Covid-19 rules in Turkey, as well as additional special rules that apply in Antalya.
The Turkish Ministry of Health has categorized the provinces of Turkey into the following four risk zones: Low risk (blue zone), medium risk (yellow zone), high risk (orange zone) and very high risk (red zone).
In addition to nationwide regulations, further requirements may apply within these zones. Check the Official Turkish COVID-19 Health Website for the latest numbers of Covid-19 infections in Turkey.
General Rules that Apply Throughout Turkey
Due to the decline of COVID-19 cases, the Turkish government has announced a gradual normalization period. Effective July 1, 2021, the 3rd phase will start.
These are the new regulations that will take effect on July 1:
- Nationwide curfews end.
- Restrictions regarding intercity travel and public transportation are lifted.
- Music broadcast like concerts, live music etc. are allowed until midnight.
- Concerts, festivals, weddings, youth camps are permitted, provided that the specified conditions are met.
- Shopping centers, supermarkets, stores and boutiques are allowed to be open during the usual hours throughout the week.
- The number of people in dining establishments (cafés, bars, restaurants etc.) in open as well as closed spaces is not limited, provided that the distance rule between tables are met. Music may be played until midnight.
- All work places that had to close temporarily due to the Corona restrictions can reopen. These include movie theaters, Turkish baths, saunas, pools etc.
- Nargile (hookah) lounges/ cafés will remain closed.
- Restrictions on parks, picnic areas, camping places and gardens are lifted.
The following measures will continue to apply:
- Face Mask: It is mandatory to wear a mask at all times in all public places. This also includes the beaches, public transportation, streets, parks and car rides with other people.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing (at least 3 steps to other people) is mandatory in public areas.
- HES Code: A HES Code is mandatory to use public transportation, inter-city travel and to enter sites like banks, shopping centers, hotels, museums and more. You can find further information in our guide about
HES Code in Antalya.
- Smoking: Smoking in public areas is banned.
Fines will be imposed on those who do not comply with the restrictions imposed to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Additional Rules in the Province of Antalya
- Government buildings, hotels, and tourist attractions in the Antalya province such as
Hadrian's Gate, the historical Antalya Kaleiçi Ancient City, the streets, and Hıdırlık Tower are disinfected periodically against the COVID-19 virus.
- About 400 hotels in the Antalya region have received a “Safe Tourism Certification” from the Turkish Ministry of Tourism and Culture. Check out the list with all the
hotels in Turkey that have a Safe Tourism Certification.
The following precautions and safety measures have been taken in
- Guests are asked to wear a mask when entering restaurants and getting food, sometimes also in closed public spaces.
- Instead of an open self-serve buffets, the kitchen staff serves the desired dishes to guests.
- Public areas are arranged to facilitate social distancing rules.
- Free face masks are available at the reception desks.
- Hotels that have received a “Safe Tourism Certification” use hygiene, cleanliness, and safety measurement standards published by public health authorities and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- Hotel staff follows safety protocols as directed by public health authorities.
- Hand disinfection devices have been placed in key areas.
- Before checking into the hotel, Body temperature measurements are made. In some hotels this is done with a digital thermometer, in others you can see devices with temperature sensors. In order for guests to enjoy their vacation safely and undisturbed, other hotels take body temperature measurements in a more hidden way by using devices such as thermal cameras.
- The facility and accommodations are continually disinfected; plates, glasses, cutlery etc. are constantly sanitized.
It's easy to see from this information that Turkish Government is responding to the pandemic situation with all possible care. Specific measures are put in place, so that visitors who will travel to Turkey and Antalya during the spring and summer of 2021 have the most wonderful trip without worries.
Don't hesitate to ask us questions in the comments section below. Our team will make every effort to give you answers and facilitate your trip to Antalya.
You may also be interested in these articles: