Best Blepharoplasty in Antalya, Turkey | Prices, Clinics, Reviews
Last Updated by Gizem on April 4, 2023
Blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure that can help to improve the appearance of drooping or saggy eyelids, which is a natural result of aging.
In Antalya, blepharoplasty is an affordable option for those seeking high-quality eyelid surgery.
n this article, we will provide a detailed overview of the blepharoplasty procedure, including things to know before during the surgery, the recovery process, before-and-after pictures. Additionally, we will highlight some of the best clinics for this surgery in Antalya.
Here we go with important information.
Definition of Blepharoplasty
Blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of excess skin, fat, and muscle from the upper or lower eyelids.
It is typically performed to improve the appearance of the eyelids, but it can also be done to improve vision if the excess tissue is causing obstructions.
What you need to know before your Blepharoplasty in Antalya
See below a few things that you may want to consider before undergoing Blepharoplasty surgery in Antalya:
- Look for a certified clinic with experienced specialists: It is important to choose a certified clinic with experienced and highly skilled specialists to minimize the risks of complications. In addition to top-notch surgeons, many private clinics in Antalya offer the comfort of a 5-star hotel and shorter waiting times for appointments.
- Understand the risks and potential complications: As with any surgical procedure, blepharoplasty carries some risks and potential complications. These may include hematoma (bleeding under the skin), infection, problems with scar healing, and changes in vision.
- Have realistic expectations: Blepharoplasty can help to improve the appearance of the eyes, but it is not a magic solution that can completely turn back the clock. It is important to have realistic expectations about the potential results of this procedure.
- Review before-and-after photos of similar patients: Before-and-after photos of other patients with similar eyelids and eye shapes can give you an idea of the realistic expectations for your own blepharoplasty procedure.
- Consider the cost: Blepharoplasty is typically considered an elective cosmetic procedure, which means that it is not covered by most insurance plans. This is why many patients travel to Turkey, and especially Antalya, where they can get that procedure at reasonable prices.
- Be in good health and refrain from smoking: To be a good candidate for blepharoplasty, it is important to be in good health and to not smoke. Smoking can interfere with the healing process and increase the risk of complications.
- Plan for a 6-day trip to Antalya: Plan to spend at least 6 days in Antalya for your blepharoplasty procedure. This will allow for the surgery and recovery period, as well as time to relax at the beach or explore the region's cultural and historical treasures.
- Follow post-operative instructions: After your blepharoplasty surgery, it is important to follow the instructions of your surgeon carefully to ensure the best possible outcome. This may include taking medications as prescribed, keeping the surgical area clean and dry, and avoiding strenuous activities. In the first few days after surgery, it is important to refrain from active physical activity, hot showers or baths, and wearing makeup or contact lenses.
- Allow for a 7-10 day recovery period: The recovery time for blepharoplasty typically takes 7 to 10 days, during which time you may experience swelling and bruising. Taking long walks can help to reduce swelling.
- Avoid active physical activity, hot showers, and wearing makeup or contact lenses for the first few days.
- Avoid driving: It is also advisable to avoid driving during the recovery time, as your eyes may be teary and cloudy. Wearing sunglasses can help to protect the operated area from the sun, as it is important to avoid overexposure to the sun.
- Understand that the results of blepharoplasty are not permanent and may be affected by aging over time. It is expected that the results will last up to 12 years.
Blepharoplasty Procedure in Antalya
The procedure of a blepharoplasty surgery in Antalya goes as follows:
- Submit medical history and photos for evaluation.
- Have an online consultation with a surgeon, where you determine which type of blepharoplasty (upper, lower, or transconjunctival) is recommended and the use of local or general anesthesia.
- Go to the clinic in Antalya for a comprehensive eyelid exam to confirm suitability for the chosen procedure.
- If general anesthesia is chosen, do not eat or drink after midnight on the day before the surgery.
- On the day of the procedure, have a blood test on the day and prepare for surgery with either local or general anesthesia. The blepharoplasty procedure will take 30 minutes to 1.5 hours.
- If local anesthesia is used, leave the clinic after 3-4 hours. If general anesthesia is used, stay in the hospital overnight. Follow the doctor's instructions for aftercare.
- Return to the clinic the next day
and 3-5 days later for follow-up appointments, during which the doctor will check the eyelids and remove stitches.
Please note: Some patients may also choose to combine blepharoplasty with canthoplasty to make their eyes appear larger and brighter in a cat-shaped appearance, as well as remove excess skin in the eyelids.
Blepharoplasty Before and After Pictures
Cost of Blepharoplasty Eyelift Surgery in Antalya
The cost for blepharoplasty in Antalya ranges from €1750 to €2100.
Recommended Clinics and Doctors in Antalya
Here you will soon find a selection of recommended clinics for blepharoplasty surgery in Antalya.
get a Free consultation
We would be pleased to talk about your expectations. You can contact us by phone or Whatsapp +90 537 977 89 75, email to email@example.com or by using the contact form.
Note: Our contracted hospitals, clinics and physicians will get in touch with you regarding the beauty treatment you have requested.