Are you considering a canthoplasty procedure to improve the appearance of your eyelids or correct a functional problem?
If you are considering having the procedure done in Antalya because of the top-notch surgeons and affordable prices, you will want to learn more about the best clinics and doctors in the area as well as the process.
In this article, we'll provide an overview of canthoplasty, review some of the top clinics in Antalya for the procedure, and discuss prices and see Canthoplasty before-and-after-pictures.
By the end of this article, you'll have a good understanding of your options for canthoplasty in Antalya and be able to make an informed decision.
Definition of Canthoplasty
Canthoplasty is a plastic surgery procedure that involves the alteration of the lateral canthal tendon, which is the tendon that helps to hold up the outer corner of the eyelid.
The procedure is often performed to achieve a more almond-shaped eye, or a "cat eye" shape, by tightening and elongating the eye horizontally. It can be done for cosmetic reasons or to correct medical conditions such as congenital abnormalities in the eye shape or chronic dry eyes.
Canthoplasty is sometimes combined with blepharoplasty, a surgery that removes excess skin and fat from the upper and lower eyelids, to create a "cat eye lift" procedure.
- If you are interested in learning more about blepharoplasty, please check out our dedicated article on the topic.
What you should know before your Canthoplasty in Antalya
If you are considering having a canthoplasty procedure in Antalya, there are a few things you should be aware of before you make your decision.
Canthoplasty Procedure in Antalya
The process for having canthoplasty surgery in Antalya, Turkey generally involves the following steps:
- Initial consultation: Submit medical history and photos and have an online consultation with your doctor to determine if the procedure is appropriate for you and to set realistic expectations. Discuss the type of canthoplasty (canthopexy, lateral, medial) and anesthesia (local or general).
- Pre-surgery examination: Meet with your doctor for a detailed examination upon arrival in Antalya and finalize the chosen procedure. If you are having general anesthesia, do not eat or drink after midnight the day before surgery.
- Surgery day: Have a blood test and final consultation with your doctor. The surgery will take 1-2 hours. If you had general anesthesia, you may need to stay in the clinic overnight, or up to 3 nights in complicated cases. If your procedure was simple and your condition is good, you can leave for your hotel after a couple of hours.
- Post-surgery care: After the surgery, a bandage will be applied to the operated area. Your doctor will provide instructions for aftercare, which it is important to follow. A follow-up consultation is typically arranged in the following days to check your eyelids and remove stitches.
Cost of a Canthoplasty Cat Eye Surgery in Antalya
The cost of canthoplasty surgery in Antalya, also known as cat eye surgery, ranges from 2,800 to 3,300 euros.
Recommended Doctors and Clinics in Antalya
Here you will soon find a selection of recommended clinics for canthoplasty surgery in Antalya.